Voting is personal. The elections in November and December are crucial to your future, and the future of your family, your friends, and your community.Make your voice heard and your power felt. Make sure you’re registered to vote by clicking the button below.
To register to vote you must:
- be a U.S. citizen;
- be 17 years old (16 years old if registering in person at the Registrar of Voters Office or at the Louisiana Office of Motor Vehicles), but must be 18 years old to vote;
- not be under an order of imprisonment for conviction of a felony or, if under such an order not have been incarcerated pursuant to the order within the last five years and not be under an order of imprisonment related to a felony conviction for election fraud or any other election offense pursuant to La. R.S. 18:1461.2;
- not be under a judgment of full interdiction for mental incompetence or partial interdiction with suspension of voting rights;
- reside in the state and parish in which you seek to register; and
- must be registered at least 20 days prior to an election if registering through our GeauxVote Online Registration System with a Louisiana driver's license or Louisiana special ID card or 30 days prior to an election if registering in person or by mail to be eligible to vote in that particular election. If mailing in an application, the application or envelope must be postmarked 30 days prior to the first election in which you seek to vote. View special provisions for military and overseas voters.
Do you have a conviction record and are wondering if you're eligible to vote? Our friends at Voice of the Experienced (VOTE) have answers to your questions.